- Career & Technical Center
- Career's Cafe Menu
- School Calendar
- District Report Card
- Board Policies (PDF)
- Technology Plan (PDF)
- Rental Information
1317 West Highway 84
Hayti, MO 63851
Student Transition Education Program
S.T.E.P. is a transitional program located on the Pemiscot County Special School District campus. This program is designed to provide a stepping-stone from public education to adult life by providing intensive instruction in four key areas:
1) Education Training
2) Employment Training
3) Independent Living
4) Personal / Social Skill Development
S.T.E.P. is available to high school students within the Pemiscot County component districts who:
· Have an education program with a functional focus vs. an academic focus.
· Have behaviors suitable for independent community inclusion.
· Have parental/guardian support for adult living and work readiness objectives.
· Have critical needs in all four specific areas of transition.
The primary objectives of S.T.E.P. are to increase independent living skills, increase personal-social skills, increase leisure-recreation skills, and increase employability. Participation in this High School program is determined by the IEP team.
Students participating in STEP are climbing their way to a brighter future.